GWCA Ohio Regional Office
Reimbursement for Non-Recurring Adoption Expenses
Qualifyers from Regulation 5101:2-47-30 of the Ohio Family, Children and Adult Services Manual:
1) Is in a sibling group who should be placed together
2) is a member of a minority or ethnic group
3) age (6 or older)
4) has remained in the permanent custody of a pubic children services agency or private child placing agency for more than one year
5) has a medical condition, physical impairment, mental retardation or developmental disability
6) has an emotional disturbance or behavioral problem
Form needs to be filed in your county of residence.
Post Placement Visits:
The Chinese Center for Adoption Affairs requires two (2) post placement report, six and twelve months, with a licensed social worker. If you have any further questions please email GWCA.
Refinalize Your Adoption in Ohio :
**The State of Ohio fully recognizes foreign adoption decrees issued pursuant to due process of law by a court of any jurisdiction outside this state, whether within or outside the United States. Ohio Revised Code, Title XXXI, Chapter 3107, Section 18 (1998)
**Re-adoption allowed upon submission of a petition and proof of finalization of the adoption outside the United States Ohio Revised Code, Title XXXI, Chapter 3107, Section 18 (1998)
N-600: Application for Certificate of Citizenship