Events Adopting in Ohio Adopting from China Contact Books Links




Steps to AdoptionTimeline

Ohio Requirements

Screening a Social Worker

Recommended Social Workers

China Requirements








GWCA Ohio Regional Office

The documents listed below are submitted to the Chinese Center for Adoption Affairs (CCAA) as your dossier.

Please do not start collecting these documents until you receive your GWCA Adoption Manual.

GWCA has sample forms in the packet to help you fill them out correctly. Also, some documents will require up to four levels of endorsements. This is explained after the list of items. (All items required for your home study are separate from this list.)

1. Six (6) family life photographs - you and your home

(do not include pets in your photographs nor people who will not be residing in the home permanently)

2. Letter to the CCAA to request the adoption

(do not use a form letter)

3. Home Study

(if you are single, an Acceptance of Guardianship Statement attached to the Home Study)

4. Birth Certificate(s) from State Bureau of Vital Statistics

5. Marriage Certificate or Statement of Single Status

6. Divorce Decree, if divorced and not remarried

7. Health Examination Certificate, one for each person in the household

8. Financial Statement

9. Employer Letter(s)

CPA Statement if self-employed
Statement from stating spouse is a stay-at-home parent

10. Local Police or Sheriff Criminal History Check

11. Approval Notice from INS (Form I-171H)

12. Photocopy of Signature/Photo page of passport(s)

13. Special Power of Attorney, if only one parent is traveling to China

14. Statement of Unemployment, if unemployed

15. Statement of Retirement, if retired


The following applies to all documents listed in bold above (#2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 13). 

Make your own free website on