GWCA Ohio Regional Office
The documents listed below are submitted to the Chinese Center for Adoption Affairs (CCAA) as your dossier.
Please do not start collecting these documents until you receive your GWCA Adoption Manual.
GWCA has sample forms in the packet to help you fill them out correctly. Also, some documents will require up to four levels of endorsements. This is explained after the list of items. (All items required for your home study are separate from this list.)
1. Six (6) family life photographs - you and your home
2. Letter to the CCAA to request the adoption
3. Home Study
4. Birth Certificate(s) from State Bureau of Vital Statistics
5. Marriage Certificate or Statement of Single Status
6. Divorce Decree, if divorced and not remarried
7. Health Examination Certificate, one for each person in the household
8. Financial Statement
9. Employer Letter(s)
10. Local Police or Sheriff Criminal History Check
11. Approval Notice from INS (Form I-171H)
12. Photocopy of Signature/Photo page of passport(s)
13. Special Power of Attorney, if only one parent is traveling to China
14. Statement of Unemployment, if unemployed
15. Statement of Retirement, if retired
The following applies to all documents listed in bold above (#2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 13).